Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hello blogosphere!

So, it's hard to believe that just a few years ago, I barely knew what a "blog" was, let alone how ubiquitious it had become in our daily lives. Apparently, collectively it is the largest publisher in the world. As a librarian-in-training, I wonder when the time will come that we (ahem, catalogers) will start cataloging them; perhaps some libraries already have...

So why have I decided to (finally) join this meta-world of scholarly (and not so scholarly) discourse? Is it because it's fashionable? Perhaps. Is it to bow to the tacit expectation of those in the information/library profession? Maybe. In fact, I have been tossing the idea around for quite some time. But what will be my contribution to the great blogosphere, you may ask? Social commentary? Daily journal entries? No, no, no. Too ordinary. I've decided to create an outlet for my random intellectual caprices. We all have them. Something brilliant (or poignant, or striking) occurs to us, and rarely do we get a chance to commit them to paper (er, HTML).

So, below (above?) will appear bite-sized musings on....whatever happens to cross my mind. Those who know me will expect long tirades on music or perhaps the latest developments in cataloging. But I won't stop there. Who knows where the mind can wander at any given moment.

And with that sentiment, I close for today. I can't promise daily (or even weekly) postings; I'm no Doogie Howser. Expect quality over quantity. Expect to be edified...

Geekily yours,
The Edification Junkie

No comments: